Best answer

Is it possible to require registration when using "Create Meeting in Zoom"

• 22 July 2022
  • 3 replies

The option to require registration is not offered through the Zap editor. When I test ‘Create Meeting in Zoom’, it creates meetings without registration.

Is this a setting I need to change in Zoom? If so, where is it? I’m not finding it in the account settings. 

Any tips or workarounds on how to ‘Create Meeting in Zoom’ that requires registrations are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 26 July 2022, 15:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @bonnie , I’d be happy to shed a bit of light. 

This article from Zoom walks through how to enable adding registrations for meetings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/211579443-Scheduling-a-meeting-with-registration

One thing I’ll point out is that you can’t do this with a free Zoom account, it has to be licensed: 

But that article should contain all the additional steps on how to add a registration to a normal Zoom meeting should you have a Pro account.  

Let me know if you have other questions or any follow up and I’ll be happy to keep troubleshooting!

Best,

Rachael

Thank you, @Rachael S!

We do have a Pro account. Based on the article you shared, we’ll need to manually go into each Zoom Meeting that is created by the Zap and check the box to make registration required.

This manual step also changes the link we need to share with attendees, so messes up my hopes of doing a Zap that creates the Zoom link and then adds the link to a calendar. 

Any thoughts on a workaround that can have the Zap change the setting to make registration required? I saw another reply about using a webhook and I’d love to learn more on that. 

Thank you,
Bonnie

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @bonnie - I brought this one back to my team and really noodled on it a bit! It does look like we have a feature request in to add that option, so I’ll add you to the list of folks who would like to see it added to our Zoom integration. 

Unfortunately, I can’t think through another way to automate checking off that selection. Depending on your organizations needs and setup, you may be able to collect similar Zoom Meeting info in a Google Form, but I’m sorry I can’t find a solution with you as is.

Please keep us posted, and I’ll keep you in the loop if anything should get updated with the integration. 

Best,
Rachael