Question

Is it possible to pick up reactions added to Slack messages across multiple users/multiple channels?

• 7 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I’m trying to set up a workflow that adds Trello cards for Slack messages when a certain reaction is added to the Slack message.

I’ve been able to successfully do this for a single user (myself) posting to a single channel, but I’d like to open it up to other users and other channels. I’ve tried simply keeping those options empty: 

But that seems to throw an error / not find any results:

I came across this similar question but don’t understand the suggested workaround – it suggests adding a filter, but I don’t see how that would help? Could you elaborate? Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @luptilu 

These Zap trigger step fields are optional.

By leaving empty the Zap should trigger for the desired Slack Reaction (reactji/emoji) across all the Slack Channels/Users.

Try turning the Zap ON and testing live.

Then check your Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi @Troy Tessalone – thanks for the swift reply! I did try this but was getting an error earlier – but now it all seems to be working! Thanks so much. 😊