Is it possible to open Calendly after a Google Forms submission for a seamless client experience?

• 21 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm a graphic designer, and I'm running a marketing email campaign. I would like to include a link for my clients to book a Discovery call on Calendly. Before they can access Calendly, I want them to fill out a form on Google Forms so that I can gather more information about them and their business. Is it possible to use Zapier to automatically open another window with the Calendly calendar once they submit the form?

I attempted to add a new section on Google Forms with the Calendly link, but it didn't work as expected. After the client books a time on Calendly, they have to go back to Google Forms and submit the form, which creates a suboptimal experience for them and the risk of not submitting the form. 

Thanks!

SamB 10 months ago

Hi @maka, welcome to the Community! 🙂

I don’t think you’d be able to do a redirect with a Google Form but it looks like you can customise the confirmation message (message that appears when the form is submitted). So perhaps you could include a link to Calendly in that confirmation message? 

Alternatively, it might be better to build a form with different form app that has the ability to set a redirect URL. That way it could send the client over to Calendly when the form is submitted rather than them having to click the link in the confirmation message.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on!

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @maka, welcome to the Community! 🙂

I don’t think you’d be able to do a redirect with a Google Form but it looks like you can customise the confirmation message (message that appears when the form is submitted). So perhaps you could include a link to Calendly in that confirmation message? 

Alternatively, it might be better to build a form with different form app that has the ability to set a redirect URL. That way it could send the client over to Calendly when the form is submitted rather than them having to click the link in the confirmation message.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on!

Userlevel 1

Thanks @SamB 

The first option is the one that worked and I really like it! I hope I can use Zapier for other purposes.

Thanks again, 
Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Oh great @maka - thanks for letting us know that Sam was able to help (she’s a guru in all things Zapier!). 

Let us know if there are big ideas that you’d like to think through with Zapier, we have a ton of inspiration and use cases all around our Community and I’d be happy to send helpful material your way. 

Hope to see you around the Community more!

-Rachael