Best answer

Is it possible to have Zapier save a Google Doc as a PDF?

• 27 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, folks!

I’m a newbie and just finished testing one of my first successful Zaps, to save Google Forms information to a Google Doc for a therapist who’s supervising pre-professional therapists. The Google Form is set up as a quiz, so that the supervisor therapist can “grade” the quiz and add feedback to the supervisee’s entries. 

My first question is this: Is it possible to (or how can ) take that Google Doc and convert it to PDF? I’d like to either save that PDF to a folder the supervisee can access or email it to them. I know that the Google Doc can be set so that the supervisee can view but not edit it, but the supervisor therapist wants an extra layer of security around her notes. 

Second question: The Zap transfers the supervisee’s responses, but not the feedback from the supervisor. Is there a way to include that feedback? 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Brent Weaver

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 July 2023, 02:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @toneweaver 

Good question.

Reference this related topic:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@toneweaver

Second question: The Zap transfers the supervisee’s responses, but not the feedback from the supervisor. Is there a way to include that feedback? 

We’d need a better understanding of the order of operations and the assets involved. (screenshots)

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

Thanks for both pieces of advice, Troy! 

Re: converting feedback, I’m still working on that and may just reconfigure the process. I’ll need to find out how feedback comments are saved with the form and whether they import with the form info after the feedback is entered. When I figure that out, I may be back with more documentation, and the offer is appreciated. 

Re: conversion to PDF: I looked at the answer to Waggie that you linked and found it enormously helpful. One thing I seem to be missing, though: I did the search in the Test Action step and found the PDF document, but it doesn’t show up in Drive. When I set up and tested the GDrive Upload File step, it worked great except it uploaded another copy of the Google Doc, not a PDF. Do I need to insert a search step before this, or is there some other way I need to change the File step? (screenshot below) Can I designate the PDF format (which I assume is hidden somehow) in the File step? 

Thanks for patience with a newbie and for all your help.