Question

Is it possible to have a yes/no response on whether a survey monkey had a file uploaded?

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

We have a survey monkey response sheet that has the option to add a file when needed. Not all of our participants need to upload a file, and I know that there wasn’t (last I looked) a way to import uploads from the surveys, but is there a way to get a “file upload is true/false?” We have a parser that brings in all the other data and I typically don’t need to check the survey now except to export the data every so often, and grab those uploads. If I knew which surveys to check for uploads, it would save a lot of time!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @KrystalxSxPB 

Welcome to the Community!

You may want to add a filter step in your Zap. Example: if the trigger doesn’t have a file uploaded, don’t continue the Zap.

You can check more about Filter by Zapier here.

Hi @KrystalxSxPB 

Welcome to the Community!

You may want to add a filter step in your Zap. Example: if the trigger doesn’t have a file uploaded, don’t continue the Zap.

You can check more about Filter by Zapier here.

I definitely want to continue the zap without files as well, as the file is an optional upload, and we need all of the rest of the information from the survey. I just want to know which ones to download files from without looking at each one every time, as the survey is quite long on the back end. Do you think making a separate zap that only notifies me of ones with files uploaded would work?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @KrystalxSxPB 

Yes, you can create a different Zap to notify you with files uploaded, or you can add a Google Sheet action step to look into the Google Sheet and see what surveys have files.