Best answer

is it possible to get more than 5 Paths in a Zap?

• 25 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve run into the 5-path limit in my Zap and I’m wondering whether it’s possible to get more than that.

The use case: I'd like 16 options for paths so I can get an sub/unsub action for 8 different Mailchimp lists. I really won’t want to set up 16 different Zaps for this. 

Possible?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 25 August 2022, 23:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ZapsAndApps!

There’s a pretty cool secret to Paths that you might not have seen, yet. Paths can go “five wide and three deep” meaning that you can have 3 Paths nested under your 5 initial Paths and then an additional 3 Paths under each of those. 

Might that work for your use case? 

However, often times the same workflow can be accomplished with the addition of a lookup table. A Lookup Table is a way to match a value and transform it into something else. 

You can read more about it here: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapsAndApps 

Good question.

Another approach to creating paths is by chaining Zaps together with Webhooks: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Example: Zap A action (Webhook) sends data to Zap B trigger (Webhook)

This allows for these configurations

• 1:1
  • 1:MANY
  • MANY:1
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @ZapsAndApps!

I just wanted to check-in here to see if the suggestions provided here helped get you unstuck?

Especially with what you described I do think a lookup table could be a super elegant solution, since it sounds like this time the only difference in the actions each path would take is selecting a different list, the output of the lookup table can be used to make that field dynamic in a single action so your Zap will be much simpler!

I would be more than happy to take another look if you ran into any trouble with that but hopefully you are all set now!

Userlevel 1

@PaulDavidson yup I’m all set with the answers above :) 

Thanks to you, @Troy Tessalone and @nicksimard for the help. It’s good to know about all the options:

• nested Paths
  • webhooks for 1:1, 1:MANY and MANY:1
  • lookup tables

One of these will definitely allow us to do what we need!