Skip to main content
Question

Is it possible to fire a trigger when the user starts interacting with the chatbot?

• 28 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to fire a trigger when the user starts interacting with the chatbot? I’d like to send an event to GA4 when this happens.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @toymachines, welcome to the Community!

Hope you don’t mind but I split your question out into a brand new topic here as it’s a bit different from the issue that was being discussed in that old topic. 

Actions for chatbots can be run when a response is given by the Chatbot, so you could potentially use that to trigger a Zap to create an event in Google Analytics 4. You can learn more about adding actions to Chatbots here: Add actions to Zapier Chatbots.

That said, I suspect that it may run every time there’s a response given in a conversation so to ensure it only runs for the first interaction when the user first starts interacting with the Chatbot you could potentially log the interactions (storing an ID for the chat to use as reference for each chat) in Zapier Tables or a spreadsheet in an app like Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Airtable etc. Then in the Zap you could use a search action to search for an existing record and if one isn’t found then a Filter could prevent the Zap from continuing. And often search actions will have the ability to create as well as search so it can likely add new record if one isn’t found. See Search for existing data in Zaps for more details. 

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood or you run into any issues on that just let us know! 🙂