Best answer

Is it possible to extract data from a PDF document and map it to the "To" field in Gmail?

• 25 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

This post was split from topic: 

If you don’t mind my asking one more question - is there a way to pull in data from the PDF Doc to the TO field? Not sure if that’s possible. I’m not seeing that as an option in the TO dropdown. 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 2 June 2023, 06:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @HHbuild00,

I’ve split your reply to a new topic. I hope you don’t mind!

It could be possible to extract data from a PDF document and use it in the "To" field, but it depends on the specific tools and integrations you're using. Here's a general outline of how you might do it:

1. You'll need an app that can extract or parse data from a PDF. There are several services that offer this functionality on our apps page in the Documents category: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/documents
  2. You can include an email to the title of the Google document and use map that to the “To” field. Here’s an example Zap:
    a640e9dc0c58b8da0afc8322eacc7473.png
    (view larger)

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HHbuild00 

Good question.

If the email address you are trying to parse from the PDF originally came from the GSheet that was used to create the GDoc, then you can map the email address from the GSheet step to the Gmail step.

Userlevel 1

Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HHbuild00,

You are most welcome! We’re glad to hear that we were able to point you to the right direction.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Hello @HHbuild00,

Yes, you can definitely extract an email address from a PDF document and map it in the "To" field in Gmail. We have a tutorial guide that provides clear instruction on how to extract an email address from PDF documents using PDF.co and Zapier. You can find the guide at this link: https://pdf.co/tutorials/extract-email-address-in-pdf

If you have any questions or need assistance throughout the process. Please let us know.