Skip to main content
Best answer

Is it possible to edit the data in a Zap run and rerun the Zap?

Hello everybody, 

Hope you can help me: I have a very simple Zap that connects LinkedIn and Salesforce. It errored earlier this morning, because somebody wrote their whole request into the LinkedIn ZIP Code field 🙄. The mapped field in Salesforce has a lenth restriction (20 characters max.), but the LinkedIn field obviously hasn’t.

So the Zap itself works fine, no editing or troubleshooting needed. I would need to manipulate the data (i.e. remove the request from the ZIP Code field) for this single record, then rerun the Zap. Is there a way to do this?

• I tried the Zap Run Details page of the stopped run, and it lists all details, but I can’t find a way to adjust the data and rerun the Zap.
  • Also I can’t pull that record as a test record when editing the Zap (too many successful runs in the meantime). 
  • And afaik it’s not possible to manipulate the data on the LinkedIn side. 

Does anybody have any other ideas?

And if there is now workaround, how can I request this as a new feature?

Thanks in advance!

Sabine

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Sabine 

There is no way to do that, once a zap runs it cannot be reran in a different way or manipulate the data for just this run.

That being said, if you are lucky enough and this is one of the most recent submissions, you might find it in the Test data when editing the Zap. In this case you can run each step manually using the Test Actions. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @MohSwellam

Thanks for your feedback! I was afraid there is no way to do it…

But what’s really strange: The missing submission IS the most recent one. However, it is not pulled as Test data. And the data in the Transfer Data table is totally jumbled up, I can’t see any structure at all (not by date, not by alphabet...) 

This is the list from LinkedIn:

List from LinkedIn in Excel, by date

and this is the list from the Transfer Data table:

List from Zapier, sorted by…?

The Zap itself pulls Aracely, Yonatan and Angela Micaela as most recent Test Data (just as in the Data Transfer table). But not Cristian, who was the last person to actually sign up. 

Does anybody know why the test data isn’t sorted by date?

Thanks for your help!

Sabine

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Sabine 

To be clear, did you click on (Find new records) in the Trigger and no new test records were added? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @MohSwellam,

Exactly. If I click on “Find new records” now, it says “No more records found”. When I clicked the button earlier this morning, it pulled three test records.

The test records in the trigger are now (in descending order, pulling date in brackets):

Aracely (July 8)

Yonatan (July 8) 

Angela Micaela (July 8)

Aracely (July 2)

Yonatan (July 2)

AFYMAC (July 2)

AFYMAC (May 13)

Alfredo Andres (May 13)

Sebastian (May 13)

Test Data (Sept ‘23)

Really strange. Zapier pulls test data twice, which I haven’t seen with other triggers before. Plus, it pushes records in between existing records (Angela Micaela is now on third position in the list, on July 2 it was AFYMAC). 

Regards, 

Sabine

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Sabine 

The test records are being pulled from the app, so it really depends on how the app is allowing this to be done, not Zapier. 

An easy fix would be to add the data again to the LinkedIn form (im assuming its a form?)

Userlevel 1

Hi @MohSwellam

Yes, we added the lead manually to Salesforce in the meantime, so the data is safe. I just wanted to know whether there is a more elegant way to do it.

And the mixed up test data bothers me. To me (but I’m not an expert by far) it seems like the “Create date” from GoToWebinar is not transferred to Zapier (or it isn’t recognizable as a date). So Zapier sorts the list by something weird like the URL field or whatever. Would be really great if Zapier and GoTo could fix that issue. I have a lot of GoTo triggered Zaps running…  

Thanks for your help!

Sabine

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Sabine 👋

It is possible to edit the data for a failed run of the Zap and then replay it. Check out our Replay an entire Zap run starting from your trigger guide here to find out more.

With the test data and sorting issues you’re seeing with GoTo Webinar I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team as it sounds like you could be running into a bug. They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your Zap to confirm whether or not that’s the case and open up a bug report as necessary.

Please keep us updated on how you get on with them, keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @SamB 

The replay wont work if they make changes to the zap where they change the fields mapping :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB,

Thanks so much! That’s exactly what I was looking for! 

The tip in the grey box under “replay entire Zap run” was most helpful. Replay Zap runs – Zapier

And I will report the sorting issue to Support, thanks for the link!

@MohSwellam, you are right, it wouldn’t work for mapping changes. But my mapping is correct, I just need to adjust trigger data for individual records once in a while. Sam’s trick is perfect for that.

Best regards and thanks again for your help!

Sabine

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome @Sabine! 🤗

Really pleased that did the trick! Do reach out in the Community if we can help with anything else in future. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡