Best answer

Is it possible to display an advertising widget from Airtable in a WordPress article?

• 23 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, 

I would like to know if it would be possible to create a zap that would allow an advertising banner (a widget) from an Airtable to appear in my Wordpress articles. 

Example: I enter a new product with a promotion in my Airtable. Thanks to the zap, this product appears in some of my Wordpress articles. This could look like this: 

Thank you in advance for your answers 🙂

Redards, 

Loïc

icon

Best answer by Daniela_Paulo 31 August 2022, 17:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @seo_publithings!

Hmm, you can use Zapier to create a post, but you  can’t insert a specific piece of text into an existing post (ie you can’t edit a post). 

You could use Zapier to add the post and use a step in your Zap to find a relevant record in Airtable, then insert that text into the post. That’s also dependent on the formatting of the add/widget. Are you using markdown/html to create the look of it, or is it a specific widget that WordPress uses?

From what you’ve described it doesn’t sounds like that’s what you’re looking for - am I right?

Hi @Danvers

Thank you for your reply! 

At the moment I don't use anything, no markdown/html. What I would really like to do is to create a banner in my articles from the products I would have entered in Airtable. 

Let's say I enter my product on one of the rows of my Airtable and that this row turns into a banner/pub/widget in my Wordpress articles. Is this not possible?

Do you have any idea what I could use to achieve this? A webhook, a Wordpress extension? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @seo_publithings,

It is possible to send data from Airtable to Wordpress, but in the format that @Danvers explained.

You can use Zapier to create a post, but you  can’t insert a specific piece of text into an existing post (ie you can’t edit a post). 

You could use Zapier to add the post and use a step in your Zap to find a relevant record in Airtable, then insert that text into the post. That’s also dependent on the formatting of the add/widget. Are you using markdown/html to create the look of it, or is it a specific widget that WordPress uses?

It would need to be added to the post body because there’s no action to add/create a widget. However, if you know how to code, you can try using a Code step: https://zapier.com/help/create/code-webhooks/use-javascript-code-in-zaps

I hope this helps in pointing you in the right direction! Let us know if you’re able to implement this, and happy Zapping :)