Best answer

Is it possible to create a Zap to transcribe and summarize Zoom recordings Using ChatGPT?

• 16 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, everyone! First time community poster, trying to create my first zap = and have tried to find the answer to this question on my own for hours!

I’m trying to create a zap where once a newly recorded Zoom meeting is available, it’s sent to ChatGPT to be transcribed and then summarized. What I’m also trying to figure out is if I have to involve a third party AI transcription service (like Fireflies.ai or others that are out there) and if I also have to have those recordings saved somewhere like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

My ideal scenario would be to just be able to involve Zapier, Zoom, and ChatGPT/OpenAI as I already have all of those apps connected - but don’t have subscriptions to any other tools, and will have to go through my IT department and procurement if additional parties are required to automate this workflow.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give, and I look forward to learning so much more about Zapier!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 17 August 2023, 00:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Noelleon 

Good question.

Have you tried this Zap action: OpenAI - Create Transcription

Userlevel 1

Thanks, Troy! I’m trying that now (and not sure how I didn’t see it the first time). Now just trying to figure out how to tell it the right Zoom recorded file to grab and transcribe. There are a ton of options in the dropdown but all are giving me “invalid_request_error” as I’m running the “Test Action” as I try to build this out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Noelleon 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your continued help on this! Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but in the images above, My Zoom trigger and “Send prompt” trigger are testing fine, but the generate transcript test gives me that error every time. There are 37 different Zoom options to choose from in that file field. Just not sure what the right one could be, or what else I might be missing.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Noelleon 

Try using this Zoom field:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Noelleon

I am having trouble downloading a recording from the New Recording trigger

To receive a URL that will allow you to download files from the New Recording trigger, follow these steps:

1. Go to zoom.us/profile/setting?tab=recording.
  2. Make sure “Only authenticated users can view cloud recordings” is set to OFF.
  3. Make sure “Require password to access shared cloud recordings” is set to OFF.

Image showing settings in Zoom that must be off for Zapier to receive recordings

At this time, the New Recording trigger is only able to provide accessible download URLs when those two settings are set to Off.

If you need to have one or both of those settings set to On, but would still like to download files from the New Recording trigger, please contact our support team, and we can file a feature request on your behalf.

Userlevel 1

So helpful! Definitely getting somewhere now. That test is passing, now just working on getting the transcription and/or summary to send to me in Slack - but that looks a lot easier and I don’t mind trying to figure it out on my own for a while. Thank you, again, Troy!

Userlevel 1

Omg, it works. From recording the meeting to its summary showing up in my Slack. I can’t believe it.  @Troy Tessalone - I can’t thank you enough! Being only single digit hours-old to this community, I’m obviously still learning the ropes, but if there’s any sort of review I can leave for you, or some sort of kudos that count to your position on a leaderboard or something - just let me know. I’d be happy to send some your way!