Skip to main content
Question

Is it possible to create a Zap that clicks through a link in an email, and then summarizes some infrormation from the ink in a Google sheet

• 22 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I get several emails from a specific email address that is labeled in gmail.

It has became too many to go through (and I want to review them).

Is it possible to create a Zap that would be able to open these labeled emails, click through the link in the email (taking it to a logged in website), and then capture or summarize the informtion that is on the website and then pull that into a google sheet? 

This would be magic but I am unsure if it is possible with Zapier. 

Thanks so much

-N00b

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NewbyGut42 

If the link is only accessible via a login, then you likely won’t be able to access the link via a Zap.

It’s my login, so even with my credentials, it wouldn’t work? It auto logged in on my computer.

If there was no login, it could work?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NewbyGut42 

If the link pointed to a publicly available URL, then it may be possible to configure a Zap to scrape that data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NewbyGut42,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

@Troy Tessalone How would you create the Zap to scrape the data from the email? And could you do it for an email that has multiple links (but you aren’t sure how many)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@krod524 

Resources for email parsing options: