Best answer

How do I connect Zapier to auto-tag new Facebook group members in a pinned post and send them an auto-message?

• 15 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to connect Zapier to my Facebook group so that new group members are auto-tagged in a pinned post in the group, as well as auto-message those new group members?

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 February 2024, 10:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Vince 

Check out the available triggers/actions for the FB Groups app: https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-groups/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 1

Hi, @Troy Tessalone. Thank you for the quick reply. I clicked your link, but the option that I was asking about isn’t available there.

Thanks for trying, though. I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Vince 

With the big tech companies like FB, their integrations tend to be more locked down, and don’t expose all the available endpoints via Zap app integrations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Vince,

I’ve done some further checking on this and the ability to tag members when creating new posts isn’t possible right now. We do have a feature request open for this so I've added your email address as another vote for this addition.

While not all feature requests are implemented, if this does get added to the Facebook Groups integration, we'll be sure to let you know!

Userlevel 1

“...the ability to tag members when creating new posts...”

Hi, Sam. Thanks for replying, but to be clear, that’s not what we’re looking for.

We need to connect Zapier to our Facebook group so that new group members are auto-tagged in a pinned post in the group, as well as auto-message those new group members.

If you have a solution to that, please feel free to reach out. Thank you again, Sam!

I echo that request. I would like to set up a Zap that is triggered when I accept a new member into my private Facebook Group (to connect it to my ESL to launch a welcome email sequence). It looks like that isn’t currently available, but would be very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Wellness & Yoga with Christine - I have added you as an interested user regarding this feature request. You will receive any updates via email!

Great. Thanks so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks 👋

I wanted to swing by here with a quick update on the Facebook Groups app

As a result of the upcoming changes to the Facebook Groups API, the Facebook Groups app on Zapier will be no longer usable from April 22, 2024.

Any zaps using Facebook Groups triggers or actions are expected to stop working on that day. You can learn more about this here: App update: Facebook Groups app removal

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime. 🧡