Best answer

Is it possible to automatically assign a subscription once a certain "priceid" is checkout on Stripe?

• 25 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Is it possible to automatically assign a subscription once a certain price_id was checkout on Stripe?

I tried executing a zap but it only allowed me to use the FIND SUBSCRIPTION after the CHECKOUT SESSION in STRIPE.

Context: The plan is when a user checkout a certain price_id, it will be assigned an existing subscription that has a longer trial days. 

I appreciate all the help. Cheers!

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 July 2023, 00:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sysadmin_BT 

Good question.

Perhaps try using this Zap action: Stripe - Create Subscription

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thank you for the suggestion but I already have an existing subscription created in Stripe. 

My understanding for the Create Subscription is it will create a new subscription.

I need to just assign an existing subscription whenever a certain price_id was checkout.

So basically:
1. Checkout Sessions

​​​​​​​2.Only continue if price_id = “value”

​​​​​​​3.Assign a subscription.

That is my goal for this. 

I appreciate your inputs!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sysadmin_BT 

Each Subscription is a unique instance of this combo:

• Customer
  • Items (aka Products)
    • Products are linked to a Price

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sysadmin_BT 

Stripe help article about Subscriptions: https://stripe.com/docs/billing/subscriptions/overview

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone , it now make sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Really pleased to see Troy was able to help clarify things here, @sysadmin_BT

Seems like you’ve got this sorted now. But if that’s not the case, or you run into any issues/questions down the line please do reach out in Community again for assistance. We’re always keen to help! 🙂