Question

Is it possible to assign a new ClickUp task to a team instead of an individual?

• 10 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

When adding the action “Create a ClickUp task” and setting all its fields, I can’t assign it to a team/group from my workspace, even by adding its id. I can only assign the task to a specific user. Is there any work around within Zapier without using ClickUp automations after the Zap is triggered? Is it planned to get this option soon?
Thank you,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @brunorende 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post screenshots with what you are referring to.

Userlevel 1
As you can see, I can only set a specific assignee from my workspace, or a custom one by using the user_id, but what I can’t do is to select a specific team from my workspace (defined group of users) nor a custom one by adding the team_id. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brunorende 

You’ll probably have to explore using the ClickUp API: https://clickup.com/api/

Zap action: ClickUp - App Extensions

There is an AI assist to use.

Userlevel 1

I’ll try it, thanks!

@brunorende curious to know if you achieved this with the API action step? 

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone @MrCarlo - I’ve made it to create a task by using the ClickUp API, but you can only assign it to members and not teams. Note in the ClickUp API documentation, the “assignees” parameter is defined as an Array of integers while the custom teams id’s are not just integers but GUID’s. Hence, the task gets created but unassigned...