Question

Invite Group to Google Calendar

• 16 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all!

I run a small professional journal club that is always enrolling new members.

Because new members are added frequently, individually naming the email addresses that should be invited to the google calendar event is not helping much. I would like to add all members to a group/tag them somehow and then invite everyone in that group/tag whenever I create the event. Is this possible?

Right now I’m using zoom and google calendar, but I’m a frequent user of anything in the google suite, memberspace, and convertkit.

Thanks all!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @aklina, welcome to the Community!

There isn’t a way to invite a contact group to a Google Calendar event using Zapier, but if you have a list of the emails somewhere you can do things that way. In terms of the Google calendar side of things, you need 2 actions: 

1. Create detailed event
  2. Add Attendee/s to event

You need both of these steps because the Create detailed event action doesn’t allow you to add attendees as a list but the Add attendee/s action does.

To store the list of email addresses of members, you could use Storage by Zapier or Zapier Tables - both of these will allow you to use a Zap to pull the list of emails which you can then use in the Add Attendee/s to event step. Do you think that would work for you? Let us know what you think and if you have any questions!

it looks like I don’t have access to Zapier Tables at this time. And Storage by Zapier is confusing me. I see lots of information on how to connect it to zaps but I can’t find a place to actually enter into storage by zapier and create the dataset I would then use in a zap. How do I get this started if I have an existing list of emails that I want to continue to add to over time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi@aklina!

You can also use something like Google Sheets, Excel, or Airtable to house that dataset if you don’t have access to Tables and find Storage confusing :) 

So in Google Sheets you could have 2 columns:

• Contact group name
  • Email address

Then in the Zap you would add a search step for Google Sheets, look for the contact group you need, and then the email addresses will be returned in a field that you can map into your Google Calendar step.

For example:

4151a7b0cf7bc4883b60da9837906053.gif

The question then becomes how to keep that list of emails updated. How do you currently enrol members? Can you build a Zap that triggers on something else and then adds a row to the Google Sheet?