Question

InvestorCarrot

• 19 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I get notifications from Carrot.com to my gmail anytime someone submits a form on my website. 

I would like to setup a Zap that allows me to automatically add those leads from my email to MailChimp as a new subscriber. 

The problem I’m having is that once those leads are read by Zapier, it doesnt separate the person’s name, email, and phone number the same way that I get this information via email.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @lvande93 ,

Thanks for reaching out- apologies for the delayed response! 

To help us better understand what may be happening here, could you share a screenshot of your configuration? It sounds like we may need to tweak the MailChimp fields but once we can take a look at your set up we can dig deeper. 

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your response. Here are the screenshots for how I receive the email notifications from InvestorCarrot. I have also included the screenshot for the only option that Zapier gives me that has the client’s information that I need. It would be helpful if the Body Plain was broken up into different categories so that I can select the subscriber’s email address, first name, last name, phone number, and their answer to my open ended question (how can we help you), etc.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lvande93!

In this case, I think your best bet is to use an email parser (like this one by Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/email-parser/integrations).

You have those emails forwarded to the parser, you indicate which parts you want to extract and then on later steps of your Zap you can map those into fields.

More info on the Email Parser: https://zapier.com/help/create/email-and-text-messages/set-up-your-email-parser-account-in-zapier

Why don't you take a look at that and let me know if you have any questions?

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your response. I did follow the steps to select the exact text that I wanted. However, when I went to create the zap, I got stuck on the first step where it asks me to allow Zapier to access my mailparser account. Is this feature only available for paid accounts? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@lvande93 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @lvande93 ,

Hopping in for Nick- I hope that’s okay!

So sorry you’re still encountering issues with this Zap! Could you double-check that the app being used here is Email Parser by Zapier Integrations? You should be able to access this app after you create a free account (more info here!). 

Let us know if that does the trick or if you have any questions at all- will be on the lookout for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lvande93! Were you able to get started with the Email Parser by Zapier integration? If so, did it help with what you needed in this case?

Userlevel 1

@Danvers Thank you for checking. I have honestly given up on it. I can’t figure it out. I may try sending the info to a spreadsheet and then pulling it from there.