Best answer

Inventory Updates from Squarespace into a in store Square Point of sale

• 11 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hired an API developer to get a Squarespace Ecomm site to communicate with an in store point of Sale from Square, thousands of dollars and months later, they could never get it to work, then ghosted me. Client loves the site but it is useless without it communicating to their in store inventory. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 January 2023, 15:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rick Dixon 

Can you please clarify your question?

Need Squarespace site to communicate changes in inventory(sales) into a Square point of sale. So that in store inventory is adjusted once a product is purchased online. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Rick Dixon

It looks like the Square app has a Change Inventory action you could use to update the inventory. But it seems the only trigger for Squarespace is for New Form Submissions which I don’t think would be able to pick up the sales. 

I couldn’t see an existing feature request for a “New Sale” trigger so you’ll want to get in touch with our Support team about that. They’ll be able to open up a feature request with the Squarespace app on your behalf to get one added.

In the meantime, if you can get email notifications when a sale comes in though you could the Zap could trigger on the emails and then update the inventory in Square. You’d want to use a email parsing app like Email Parser by Zapier for this. Check out this guide for more info: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails

Hope that helps! 🙂