Question

Inventory management from Ebay to Square

• 8 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to connect my online eBay store to Square that is used in a brick and mortar store so that I can keep track of inventory from both “stores”.  It says one of the actions is change inventory in Square.  The trial went ok, but I didn’t see any change in Square.  

2 things - 

• Do I have to have a different zap for each item in eBay
  • Can anyone help me with what information about choices for - state - to state (I have in stock to sold?)  and Inventory change type (I have adjustment)

Thanks so much for any help to resolve this.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MLHS 

Please share screenshots of your zap so we can help you. 

If you need more help, you can contact one of Zapier Experts  so we can help you better

Userlevel 1
I have both the eBay and Square accounts connected.  The catalog object is one of the products I sell - I got that number from my square inventory catalog.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MLHS 

The problem here is that you need to Find the catlog object first before passing the value. You are currently choosing a value from the dropdown rather than using the Custom value. 

To do that, you would need to check Square API documentation to see how you can search for the item/catalog. OR you can have a lookup table with all the items and the relevant catalog id 

Let me know if you are still following :) 

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  I think I found the correct documentation within Square API, however, it is going to take me a little time to decipher what all this means.  Yes I am following for the basic idea but I just need to go back and follow step-by-step to truly understand.  I understand the very basic concepts of programming, so it takes me awhile to wrap my head around what is needed. I had hoped it was the two minute fix they advertized, but am willing to work through to make it work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MLHS - thanks for stopping by and nice work getting this far with your Zap!🙌🏽

Here is the Square API documentation that Moh mentioned along with an awesome article on Lookup tables.

If you’re a visual learner like me, check out this quick video on Lookup tables. They’re a handy tool once you get the hang of them!

Keep us posted- here to help!