Best answer

“invalid id” error when moving a Trello card to a new list

• 13 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

My flow involves creating a Trello card when a user signs up to a 3rd party app (teamup). The users first and last name from the sign up process are used to create the Trello card name. After a period of time I want to move this card from one list to another. I have added the step to move the card from one list to another and in the action section I am using the first and last name variables of the user to id the card but it doesn’t seem to be working as when I test the step it returns the error: The app returned "invalid id".

I assume it requires me to explicitly select the card from the list but I want it to be variable based on the name of the card and I cant see a way of doing this. Is there any guidance on if this is possible?

icon

Best answer by jayeshkumarbhatia 13 December 2021, 14:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Kevin H ,

Did you test the action of updating the Task?  As per the error, It looks like you have not configured the action properly. Please share the screenshot of this action.

Userlevel 1

Hi @jayeshkumarbhatia,

I have ran the action and got the error as shown in the attachments. Is that what you mean?

I am using variables from the 3rd party form to get the card which has been created with the card name using the same variables (first and last name)

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Kevin H ,

In below screenshot, the card has to be an id and not name. From above Trello action check the test output and there will be some value of ID. You have to use this ID and in below action.

Let me know if you have any questions

Userlevel 1

Thank-you very much @jayeshkumarbhatia. It is now working as intended :slight_smile: