Question

Integration between Mailchimp and Monday.com

I have 100 list of members in Monday.com and same members are in Mailchimp. I want to apply an automation, when any member unsubscribe in Mailchimp then the same member record automatically unsubscribe in Monday.com 
How can i apply this automation through Zapier, I have tried my times but not find the perfect way to perform this automation. 
Please guide me. 
Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Usman 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Mailchimp - New Unsubscriber
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Value

Thanks for your message 

In first action "get item by column value", i have selected desire board of monday. But test is not operating well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Usman 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error.

To set up an automation using Zapier to unsubscribe a member in Monday.com when they unsubscribe in Mailchimp, you can follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Zapier account or create a new one if you haven't already.
  2. Click on the "Make a Zap!" button to start creating a new Zap.
  3. Choose "Mailchimp" as the trigger app. Select the trigger event "Subscriber Unsubscribes" and click "Continue".
  4. Connect your Mailchimp account to Zapier by providing the necessary API key and following the authentication steps.
  5. Configure the Mailchimp trigger by selecting the Mailchimp audience and other relevant options. Test the trigger to ensure it's working correctly, and then click "Continue".
  6. Next, choose "Monday.com" as the action app. Select the action event "Unsubscribe a Person" and click "Continue".
  7. Connect your Monday.com account to Zapier by providing the required credentials or API key.
  8. Configure the Monday.com action by selecting the board and person you want to unsubscribe. Map the relevant Mailchimp fields to the corresponding Monday.com fields. Test the action to ensure it's working properly.
  9. Once the configuration is complete, click "Continue" and review the summary of your Zap. If everything looks good, turn on your Zap.

After setting up this automation, whenever a member unsubscribes in Mailchimp, Zapier will trigger the action to unsubscribe the same member in Monday.com

@Troy Tessalone 
Here is screenshot attached please check and guide what to select in these three fields.
Thanks a lot,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Usman 

You’ll want to search by email address since that’s a unique value.

For columns to retrieve you’ll want to return: MC - Subscribe

@Troy Tessalone 

I have selected Email column of Monday in “Column to search in” and MC-Subscribe column of monday board in “Columns to receive”

Now please verify i am right to go ?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Usman 

You would need to map the email dynamic variable from step 1.

When in doubt, test it out.

@Troy Tessalone

Thank you so much for your help. Test completed successfully
but this automation is applying on one members only. i can select one item id only. 
How i can apply this automation on 100 members. 
Need your guidance. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Usman

You need to map the Item ID from Step 2 to Step 3.

@Troy Tessalone 
In Item ID, I can select only one Item ID not multiple ID 
then how can i apply on all members list. ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Usman 

Mapped variables have dynamic values that change each time the Zap is run.

The Zap trigger will only return 1 email address that unsubscribes.

Zap Step 2 will find the 1 Monday Item that matches the email.

Zap Step 3 will update the 1 Monday Item found in step 2.

i want to automate the whole process. 
I want to integrate mailchimp and monday.com by apply one time this automation. So that if any member unsubscribe mailchimp it also automatically change the status in monday everytime.

I have to add this action “Change Multiple Columns Value in monday.com” as many times as much member there are in monday. Am i right ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Usman 

Zaps work while ON for new data going forward.

You will only need these 3 steps. (below)

The Zap will fire and run these 3 steps each time there is a new Mailchimp Subscriber that unsubscribes.

When in doubt, test it out.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you understand the data flow: https://zapier.com/app/history/

1. Trigger: Mailchimp - New Unsubscriber
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Value

@Troy Tessalone 

Need you help again

According to Scenario, when any member unsubscribe in MailChimp then this zap read all the members and MailChimp and Monday but update Monday record of only one member, which i have selected in action 3’s Item ID. 
If i change member in action 3’s item ID then zap only update this member status. 
I want to apply this zap on all member list but there is no option to select all members in Acton 3.

Really confusion, please guide me for this step
Bundle of Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Usman

The Zap trigger will only return the 1 email address that unsubscribes.

Zap Step 2 will find the 1 Monday Item that matches the email.

Zap Step 3 will update the 1 Monday Item found in step 2.

You need to map the Item ID from Step 2 to Step 3.

can you connect with me via zoom meeting for a very short time. ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Usman 

If you’re looking for additional help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace