Question

Integrating Typeform and Affinity

Userlevel 1
Badge

I want to integrate Typeform to Affinity where applicants fulfill their data.

Currently, I have 2 questions: first name and last name.

When I want to find and afterwards create a person in Affinity, Zapier only allows me to find full names, and in the end they will write PLACEHOLDER as a last name. 

Is it possible to use the fields from Typeform: first and last name or should I change the typeform?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey Michael_CalmStorm 

Why don’t you use Formatter by zapier and Split Text to split Full Name into First and Last Name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Michael_CalmStorm 

Good question.

You can map multiple dynamic variables into 1 field: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Will that work?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Michael_CalmStorm 

Good question.

You can map multiple dynamic variables into 1 field: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Will that work?

Thank you for the tip, but even when I place 2 variables in the same field, Affinity understands as it is only first name and inputs PLACEHOLDER as last name.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Michael_CalmStorm 

Why don’t you use Formatter by zapier and Split Text to split Full Name into First and Last Name.

Thank you for your input.

It worked until a certain point. It worked for the name, but it does conclude the rest of the steps that includes this person, e.g put them in their organization. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey Michael_CalmStorm 

Thank you for your input.

It worked until a certain point. It worked for the name, but it does conclude the rest of the steps that includes this person, e.g put them in their organization. 

Did you contacted the Affinity support regarding this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michael_CalmStorm 

Can you posts detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured with the variables mapped in fields between steps?