Best answer

Integrate Zapier with Google Workspace using a service account?

• 24 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Zapier offers a bunch of Workspace-related integrations but, as far as I can tell, they all require authenticating as an individual. This is fine for personal integrations, but we have quite a few potential Zaps that are more org-centric. For example…

• Notify entire Communications team (via Space in Google Chat) when a video is added to Vimeo
  • Create Salesforce record for Advancement team when row is added to Shared Drive Google Sheet

If I were to set those up under my personal Workspace account and then left the company, that Zap would presumably stop working when my Workspace account is shut down.

In this scenario, I feel like Google's Service Accounts would be a pretty logical fit. I'm wondering if there are any plans to offer (or issues that would prevent) service accounts as an authentication option within Zapier?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by jesse 24 August 2022, 23:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cdwyer 

Good question.

Really depends on each app and how they handle authentication.

Best to share feedback and feature request by submitting a ticket to Zapier Support to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Best to share feedback and feature request by submitting a ticket to Zapier Support to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks Troy, will do! 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @cdwyer! Just wanted to let you know that I have passed this feedback directly onto our product team. It’s a great idea and I’m glad you offered it! If we decide to do this in the future, we’ll certainly circle back here to let you know. 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great, thanks @jesse—we’ll stay tuned! 👍

Userlevel 1
Badge

I agree completely with @cdwyer on this. I am a few years away from retirement and am starting to think about how to transition my Zaps.

@jesse  How can I stay updated on the status of this feature?