Question

Integrate Excel with GSheets

• 14 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am trying to integrate Excel with GSheets in a way that whenever an excel is created in Excel cloud (Offile 365) , it automatically creates a GSheet with the same data. Basically, whenever an Excel file is created, same file should be synchronized in GSheets.

Need assistance creating a Zap for this outcome.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Deepak,

This might be possible, but if so, it will require multiple Zaps to do it. Here are the triggers (when this thing happens) available for Microsoft Excel...

… and here are the actions (then do this other thing) available for Google Sheets:

Now that I look at those, I’m not even sure how you’d be able to accomplish what you’re after. There’s no trigger for New Spreadsheet in Excel, so if that’s what you were hoping to start with then you’re out of luck, I’m afraid. You could see if using OneDrive’s New File trigger can detect when a spreadsheet has been added. That could at least kick off the process, but then you’d need Zaps to trigger on new rows being added, then finding the appropriate Google Sheet and adding rows there too. It wouldn’t be a straightforward workflow to create.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DeepakT!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know!