Question

Infusionsoft Product Purchase Zoom Webinar Registration

Userlevel 1

I apologize if this is a simple question, I’m trying to set up a Zap that will be triggered when someone purchases a specific product in my Infusionsoft account. I don’t see a product purchased option, but I do see something called a “new product” option. Is this what I’m looking for? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

One of the most simple workarounds is to use the Zapier filter app at the second step of your automation. The trigger will be a new payment.

After that, you will have a step of the filter. Where we only continue if the product field contains/exactly matches a specific product name.

P.S. New product trigger is about adding a new product into your Infusionsoft database.

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for the help! I did what you asked but I don’t see an option to select “Product Field” so I used “Pay Amt” instead. Is that okay? It’s the only product I have for sale at $19 right now so I thought that might work.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi David,

You are welcome. Yes, it should work. As for the product field, I'm not sure how it is called in the Infusionsoft. It can be item for example. If you can share a screenshot of the Infusionsoft trigger step output, we can try to find this field.

Userlevel 1

Sure here’s what I see when I open the filter options.

It also looks like when I test the Zap, it is passing information to Zoom but it’s the wrong information. The registrant field is where the person’s name should be, so I selected “Contact Id” from the options but it’s only showing numbers. Is this totally basic? I’m following the tutorials but I’m confused because the data options seem so different from what I’m seeing.

Userlevel 3
Badge

David, can you please provide the full list of the fields from the trigger step?
Contact ID is the internal ID of the person in the Infusionsoft database. It's like a unique identifier of the person. But it's not the Name of the contact. Please find a link to the short video reply below.
https://www.loom.com/share/3bfd0cd240f848378c54d1f3fbd531f7

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for the video, that was super helpful! Okay I’ve attached the rest of the list, there were only three items missing: User ID, Charge ID, and Refund ID.

I’m going to try and add that action event as you suggested, but please let me know your thoughts.

Userlevel 3
Badge

David can you please check the internal ID of the product in the Infusionsoft? You can open it in a new browser tab and take a look at the URL in your browser. Usually it should be a number at the end of the URL.

Please test this step of finding the contact by the ID. If it's not possible, there is one more solution but it's a little bit complex. You can set up a webhook request via API to get contact's data.

https://developer.infusionsoft.com/docs/rest/#!/Account_Info/getAccountProfileUsingGET

Userlevel 1

When I check the product in the URL it says productid=73

I’m sorry, I tried that link but I don’t understand how to use it, I think that is above my level.

I’m surprised that this is so difficult, I would think that many people would need the same thing (product is purchased through Infusionsoft, then contact info is passed through to register for a Zoom webinar.)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi David,

I’m sorry for the delay with the response. Requested the demo access to the Infusionsoft. I want to test it by myself.
Will get back with the results.

Userlevel 1

Same Problem. Is there any solution

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Are you using Zoom webinar or Zoom meeting.

There is an easier way to do this just using Infusionsoft.