Best answer

Include original message url/link from Slack trigger

• 22 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello folks,

I have a Zap which has a Slack trigger on Mentions.

Then as an action, I want to create a JIRA. Ideally, I want that JIRA to contain a link to the original message in Slack for reference.

Among the fields offered to me, I have the message Ts, the channel ID, but I’m missing some information to reconstruct the full URL to the message. Is this possible to do?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by LauraP 4 August 2022, 12:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @JocHot

Slack should have a field called "permalink", which is the URL for the original message. I did a quick test with one of my Zaps and the field was there. 

If you can't find it, let us know, we can continue figuring this out together! 

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura.. this appears to be a bug.. 

when you set the slack trigger to a mention action the permalink disappears from the options to select.  But when you use a react emoji the permalink is there/

Can you check this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @jseals that's really odd. I can still see the permalink field in different Zaps with the mentions trigger. See this screenshot:

Have you seen this happen in other Zaps? I'd suggest starting a new Zap to see if that field appears, so you can confirm if this is was a Zap-specific issue!

If you are still not seeing that field, I would recommend reaching out to our Support team, as they can then look into the details of your specific Zap.

Let us know if this helps!