Skip to main content

Hi
I am currently working on implementing an API that will pull out Leads from a Google Sheet. 
I have a Zap that take the Leads from Facebook Lead Ads and put them into the Google Sheet, then the Sheet sorts the Leads by certain parameters (like: Age, mobile number etc). This part works as intended 

My problems come to light when I am trying to extract these leads from the same Google Sheet again and use Zapier to send these to the customer program using an API. (Do to agreement and legal reasons I can’t send any information about the API). 

I have several question about this. 
How does Zapier know which Row in the Google Sheet it has send using the POST API, so it does not send it again?
Is it possible to even implement an POST API that pulls out Leads from a Google Sheet?
How often does the Zapier Zap trigger for the POST API event, and pull out the Leads?

I am not very good with APIs and only recently began putting my attention to learning about APIs.I will leave a picture of my entire ZAP so it’s more relatable.

If there is anyone how is good with APIs that can explain which HTTP Authentification I need to implement in Zapier to get rid of the 401 problem that arises when testing the API.

Hi @Enkel_Mark 

Good question.

Try asking ChatGPT for help with learning about and configuring APIs.

You may want to add a Looping step instead for Step 3: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Notes about using GSheets in Zaps:

The Google Sheets trigger on my Zap stopped working

If your Google Sheets trigger stops working suddenly, first check if you’ve accidentally inserted a blank row anywhere in the spreadsheet. Zapier interprets a blank row as the end of the spreadsheet and may have trouble finding any new rows below it.

In addition to this, making the following changes to your spreadsheet while the Zap is turned on can cause errors:

• Deleting existing rows or columns.
  • Adding rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet.
  • Resorting the sheet.
  • Renaming/adding/rearranging columns.
  • Renaming the sheet.
  • Filtering the sheet.

If you need to make any of those changes to your Google Sheet, turn your Zap off while you work on the spreadsheet, and then turn it back on again.