Question

Images from one Facebook page to another

• 23 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve set a zap up to share posts from one Facebook page to another. I can get the content of the post to share alongside the URL of the original post, but how do I share the images from the post?

I’ve tried various things but I only seem to get content like ‘Image’ within the post rather than an actual image.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Matt_S, welcome to the Community!

Are you using the “New Post to Your Timeline” trigger event for Facebook Pages? Asking as I believe that should have a field called full_res_picture that would contain a URL for the image that you could then pass over to the other Facebook Page.

Can you take a look at the test sample in your Zap and see if you’ve got an image URL in that field? If it’s empty you may need to change the test sample that’s selected in order to get a sample with an image URL. 

Let us know if that works! 🙂

I just get a URL to the image then rather than the image?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Matt_S!

Can I ask what action you’re using to post the image to the other Facebook Page? It sounds like you need to use the Create Page Photo action (as opposed to the Create Page Post action). That action has a field where you can add the url of the image that you want to share. 

Could you try using that action and put in the url from the full_res_picture field? Let us know how you get in!