Question

ID error when adding contact to ActiveCampaign

• 1 November 2021
  • 7 replies

I cannot get my Zap to work. It seems to be the Id, I do not know what to enter. What does this mean?

ActiveCampaign Id of the contact. NOTE: IF THIS IS NOT PROVIDED, 'email' MUST BE

I have tried leaving it blank, and adding the list id but keep receiving errors. When I test the action it works but when I try to add a contact an error message is returned. 

Even though I have added the actions in the right place it is returning the wrong fields. 

Please help, it is driving me mad! 

Judith 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Instead of leaving it black or using the list ID - try entering the customers email address. 

Instead of leaving it black or using the list ID - try entering the customers email address. 

Thanks, but that didnt work either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @judithstafford 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured that is having the issue, thanks.

You will need to map a value for the ID or map the value for the email address in 1 of those 2 fields.

Here is the zap that goes into ActiveCampaign. It is not returning the correct output that I selected in the fields. 

fe... shows the error message and 49... the results it has pulled through.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@judithstafford

What error message are you getting?

Again, please post a screenshot.

If you are testing with the Zap ON, then check your Zap Runs for errors: https://zapier.com/app/history/

It is not returning the values I set up so the email is not valid. I did get it to work when I first created it from the original email but have been unable to repeat it even though I havent changed anything. 

Judith

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@judithstafford 

Ok, that means the email parser rules are not robust enough.

NOTE: The free email parser by Zapier can be error prone.

You may want to try using a more robust email parsing app such as Mailparser: https://zapier.com/apps/mailparser/integrations#triggers-and-actions