Best answer

iAuditor and Zoho CRM - Trying to link an Organisation

• 16 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

I’m hoping someone a little smarter than I can provide some assistance…..Either that or I’ve found a bug :)

Companies we deal with are called “Organisations” in Zoho CRM. In iAuditor we have an inspection template with the same name as the corresponding organisation in Zoho. Every customer has their own template.

Wanted Outcome

When an audit is completed I want a custom module entry created in Zoho CRM. This entry is to be linked to an organisation based on the iAuditor template name.

Issue
I cannot get the custom module entry to link to the organisation in Zoho by using the iAuditor template name (Which is the same as the Organisation name in Zoho). If I select the organisation manually from Zoho list of organisations in Zapier it works.

Error Code

Unable to create entry in module: Audit. Error : Invalid data for the field id. Detail : expected_data_type long, parent_api_name Organisation

I have tried adjusting the length of the template name/organistation name to one word. I have also tried to use a different field in the template. Neither of these worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 September 2020, 07:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Believe you’ll need to add a step to the Zap to Find Module Entry.

Then use the ID of the found module entry in the next step.

ID fields in Zoho are going to expect the ID of the module record.

The error indicates it’s an ID field and that the field expects a data type of long which is a number.

Otherwise, please provide screenshots of your Zap steps.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the response. It shouldn’t need to find a module entry as the zap is creating one. I’ve attached screenshots of what I’m talking about. The differences in screenshot 3 and 4 show’s the non working and working config.

In screenshot 5 the Organisation “Cleanstate” has unique number under it. If I add this field in the iAuditor Template would it work?

Userlevel 1

I should also add the Organisation field in Zoho that I’m trying to populate this data to is a “Look up” field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As mentioned before, you will need to add a step in the Zap before to find the existing Organization record in order to get the Zoho system ID for that record.

You are correct that you are creating a new record for the Audits module, but as part of creating the new Audits module record you are trying to linking it to an existing record (in this case an Organization).

The Organization field is expecting an ID, which is common and proper software practices.

You can tell this by looking at the list generated in the dropdown which shows a system ID under the friendly name. (also seen in your screenshot included again below)

This is because the name of the friendly Organization may change, but the underlying system ID will not.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy. That has worked.