Question

I want to populate my Google Docs with data from a table

• 18 August 2023
  • 1 reply

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

So in coda i have a page where I gather data about a property to put my valuation together. One aspect is I have a table of comparable properties:

When I’m done collecting all the data, I think generate a google doc which drags all the key data through. Here’s one of my templates:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xoMj0m-rjuTtmPAn7UuW4zWVnNX7j1mPlD8UOFGdSxE/edit

On page 3, you’ll see a table for comparables. At the moment, I need to paste in the comparables every time. I was wondering if theres a way I could get the zapier zap to pull the data through? It would need to populate the table with the data from the table above.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @jamie-cole! 👋

There’s a Find Row action for Coda, but that would only return one match. And it wouldn’t allow you to search using multiple values to find multiple matches for each of the comparable properties. I’m not seeing an existing feature requests for a “Find Row(s)” action to be added with the capability to search for multiple different values and return a list of each of the matching table rows (comparable properties), so I’d suggest that you contact our Support team to request that they open up a feature request on your behalf for this.  

In the meantime, perhaps you could instead take advantage of the native filtering capabilities in Coda to filter the list of properties down to ones that match certain criteria and export that data from Coda as a CSV file. Then, you could potentially add that into a Google Doc using a Formatter (Utilities > Import CSV File) action to extract the data contained in the CSV and pass it over to a Create Document from Template (Google Docs) action. You can learn more about importing CSV files into a Zap here: How to Import CSV Files with Formatter.

Do you think that approach might work? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re looking to do here?