Best answer

I've been given an API key, their app is not on Zapier, how can I use this?

• 7 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Hey all,

I use Zapier for lots of my integrations. But one supplier hasn’t set-up on Zapier yet. They have given me API keys, but I don’t know how to get started.

My hope is that I can connect to this using Zapier as an interface. Is this possible? It would almost be like a private integration, rather than one that is out for the public to use. Or do Ineed to speak with an API developer?

Any advice appreciated.

cheers,

Ally

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 7 August 2020, 15:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! You’re going to need to know the basics of webhooks and APIs before you can get started here.

My advice? Go here and hopefully it’ll begin to make sense to you after a while.

All APIs are different, and I’ve been building solutions for 9 years, and every day I see something new… So some patience and desire to learn here is key

https://learning.postman.com/

Once you’ve got the basics, and have successfully followed the instructions in the API docs and the learning centre in Postman, you should be ready to create a webhook in Zapier