Best answer

I'm unable to publish my Zap draft

Userlevel 2

I am trying to update and re-publish an existing zap. I can't seem to get rid of the (has draft) notification on my Zap list. When I have been able to get to the place where the 'Publish' button is activated (it looks greyed out even when activated BTW) it says it will publish, then turn on the Zap ... but it doesn't. It says the modified Zap is published successfully but the (has draft) is still there, and the zap isn't turned on. What gives?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 May 2022, 18:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

47 replies

Apparently the support team is out this week on a retreat. “Slower than usual wait times.”

This is rough. What are we supposed to do?

Userlevel 1

@MikeTak Was having the same problem, here’s what worked for me:

1. Turn Zap OFF in main menu, before editing the Zap
  2. Go into Zap of interest, click “Edit”
  3. Wait for all information to load - Zapier is running REAL slow after this newest update
  4. “Save draft and exit”
  5. Use the button at the top of the individual Zap menu to turn back on, should have an option for “Publish draft and enable” (or something close to that, I forget the exact words)

And your Zap draft should be saved, and the Zap enabled! Hope this helps, I’ve been beating my head against a wall all weekend….

And to all the people who’s default answer is “just submit a ticket!” Thanks for not being helpful at all, but taking all the credit for solving problems! The point of a software community like this is to troubleshoot/problem-solve WITHOUT submitting a ticket or having to wait 48-72 hours to hear a response - if you don’t know, why are you even answering?!?!

@JWS thanks -- apparently I have TWO problems… the Publish problem, and second, I’m asking for too many tasks.

From what I can tell you’ve solved my publishing problem.

Now I have to figure out how to get more tasks in a reasonable way.

I’m hunting for that solution now.

But meanwhile, thank you for solving the publish problem.

And ditto to the “submit a ticket” nonsense. Ridiculous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m really sorry for the frustration with this feature, I know that it sucks when you just want to do your thing and an app gets in the way!

@Annemiekevh Could I ask you to get in touch with the Support Team using the Get Help form? They will be able to take a closer look at your Zaps with you and see if there’s anything that we can do to help. Thanks!

1. Turn Zap OFF in main menu, before editing the Zap
  2. Go into Zap of interest, click “Edit”
  3. Wait for all information to load - Zapier is running REAL slow after this newest update
  4. “Save draft and exit”
  5. Use the button at the top of the individual Zap menu to turn back on, should have an option for “Publish draft and enable” (or something close to that, I forget the exact words)

This worked for me! Hope Zapier fixes this ASAP though… Lost half an hour finding for a solution

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JWS Thanks for posting something that worked for you, I really appreciate you finding something that will work for some folks. 

We’re asking users to submit a ticket to the Support Team because we know that in some cases this issue is caused by a bug or if it’s due to a user not understanding something about the way that drafts work. The Support Team can take a look at your Zaps with you in a way that we can’t do in the Community and so are in the best position to identify whether someone is running into the bug or need some help using the drafts feature. 

I do understand that it’s frustrating that the feature isn’t working in the way that you’d expect and I know that our team is looking at a) resolving any bugs and b) making it more clear if a Zap draft wont publish for other reasons (eg if the draft hasn’t been changed from the original or if a user has reached the maximum number of Zaps that they’re allowed on their plan). Thanks for your patience!

Same here. I just signed up for Zapier with my new company and all of this edit draft business is such a pain in the ‘aristotle’. What are you thinking Zapier to publish a feature that has this terrible bug??? Fix this ASAP.

Your dev team should not have published this ‘draft’ issue into PRODUCTION. Very amateur and is causing a load of issues.

What’s the ETA on being able to confidently use Zapier?????

I just followed Dcanosa’s recommendation and it worked for me.

Thanks for sharing. It’s a workaround. Triggering a status update in the back end of Zapier by turning off the Zap and starting it again.

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue. This is a terrible user experience, needs to be fixed ASAP. Duplicate to publish? Seriously? Version management would be great, but not dup to pub. I vote no on dup to pub!

SAME.

Did anyone find a solution?

THIS DID NOT WORK: 

JWS wrote:

Turn Zap OFF in main menu, before editing the Zap Go into Zap of interest, click “Edit” Wait for all information to load - Zapier is running REAL slow after this newest update “Save draft and exit” Use the button at the top of the individual Zap menu to turn back on, should have an option for “Publish draft and enable” (or something close to that, I forget the exact words)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@fotorecordprintcenter, @OneWorldCourier and @davebsinger I know that this is really frustrating and I’m sorry that we don’t have an update on this issue. Could I please ask you to contact the support team using the Get Help form? The Team may be able to help you with this, and if not each and every user added to the issue report lets the dev team know how many folks are being affected by the issue. Thank you!

I have tried all of the tricks people have posted here (thank you so much for the research, you’re quicker to respond than zapier 😅) but nothing works. Half of my zaps are still unpublished and my workflow is totally stuck….. 

Zapier needs to come up with a solution asap, I think I will be moving on to a competitor, I cannot afford to wait, my zaps are unpublished since 7 days !

This is just an absolute farce… for Zapier to have a know issue like this and just let it roll on for days without resolving the issue (while they send the support team off an a jolly) is just unbelievable!

If there’s a known issue they can’t fix within a small timeframe they should roll the version back, not leave people stranded and wasting their time!! 

I’m quite new to Zapier and have wasted most of the day thinking I’m doing loads of stuff wrong, when the reality that it’s not saving any of my edits and none of the workarounds are working for me either!  Highly unprofessional for a company of this size… I only started using this because the application that I’ve wasted most of today trying to complete thought it would be a good idea to do a Zapier integration before a standard open API.  

Same exact issue. All I did was re-name a Zap, and then it stopped working. This is a very big problem, and I’m beginning to get customer complaints because of the issue. Zapier needs to do something about this ASAP. FYI, I filed a ticket, and just got a message that the team is “on a retreat.” 

Userlevel 1

I am also having this problem. I cannot publish my edited draft. PLEASE HELP!!

Userlevel 1

UPDATE, I tried turning off the zap, and then editing. Once I did this and click to save draft, I got a new message asking if I wanted to publish. 

If you cannot publish without disabling Zap, it seems Zapier should have a message explaining this, rather than make users search forums for an answer. Very disappointing to be wasting time on a problem that is easily avoidable with some on screen guidance.

@jrspies I’d check that it actually has saved the Zap… initially I thought the work-around had done it for me but it hasn’t saved everything and even though the Test worked, you still get a pop-up message saying ‘Zap incomplete’ when I run it as published (no flag warnings prior to publishing) and different failure points when I run duplication of the same Zap.

Userlevel 1

Même problème pour moi aujourd’hui, depuis la nouvelle version de Zapier. Mes zaps me permettent d’automatiser des paiements et factures.

Plus rien ne fonctionne, mes 4 zaps restent toujours grisé et en mode brouillon. C’est la panique pour moi !

Personne n’a la solution SVP ?

C’est le week-end et je n’aurai pas de réponse du suport technique de zapier avant 3 jours au moins, je ne reçois plus mes paiements, je perds de l’argent.

Merci de votre précieuse aide !

Vanessa

--

Same problem for me today, since the new version of Zapier. My zaps allow me to automate payments and invoices.

Nothing works anymore, my 4 zaps are still grayed out and in draft mode. It's panic for me!

Does anyone have the solution please?

It's the weekend and I won't get an answer from Zapier's technical support for at least 3 days, I no longer receive my payments, I'm losing money.

Thank you for your precious help!

vanessa

Userlevel 1

This worked for me (for zaps that were already published/live, but that couldn’t publish new edits/drafts)

So, while you’re in the problematic zap (while you’re editing the draft and the “publish” button is grey and unresponsive): 

1. First click “Save draft & Exit” button; 
  2. Then disable the zap (turn it off right there); 
  3. The re-enable the zap (turn it back on); 
  4. A popup should appear with options to publish your draft - select that option where you publish and enable your draft. 

This’s just saved the day for me! 

Jelena

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much Jelena !

I am trying to update and re-publish an existing zap. I can't seem to get rid of the (has draft) notification on my Zap list. When I have been able to get to the place where the 'Publish' button is activated (it looks greyed out even when activated BTW) it says it will publish, then turn on the Zap ... but it doesn't. It says the modified Zap is published successfully but the (has draft) is still there, and the zap isn't turned on. What gives?

THE MOST ANNOYING FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone! I’m really sorry for all the frustration surrounding the drafts feature not working the way that we’d expect. The issues that we are seeing are not one bug but a number of smaller ones that will affect some users in particular circumstances. 

We now have an article about this issue where I’ve gathered the different workarounds that have been suggested. If you are having any issues with the Drafts feature, please take a look at the article and contact the Support Team using the Get Help form