Question

I'm unable to access the name field from the Airtable trigger

• 17 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I am just automating one scenario in which i want to send interview invite on willo when I enters new record on airtable. But I need to send full name and email of candidate on willo from airtable base. PLease guide me in correct syntax to achive it.

I am unable to see the fileds list of record in field section e.g. In Full name I am only getting record Id not a specific field name for this record.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nooray!

Hmm, that’s odd. With the New Record trigger, you should get all of the information in the record (ie if you have the name and email address in the record that’s created, it will be passed to the Zap when it triggers). 

I recommend taking another look at the trigger to find a sample record that has the information that you need. If you go to the ‘Test trigger’ section of the trigger, you’ll see all records that the Zap found when you first tested the Zap. 

Take a look at the other records to see if they include all of the relevant fields. If not, make sure that there is a complete record in the table and then click the Load more button. That will cause the Zap to look again at the table to pull in more records. 

Let me know if that does the trick!

I did it. I just need a syntax where i can puul a record fie;ld by using record id dynamically. please help in this 

Hi @nooray!

Hmm, that’s odd. With the New Record trigger, you should get all of the information in the record (ie if you have the name and email address in the record that’s created, it will be passed to the Zap when it triggers). 

I recommend taking another look at the trigger to find a sample record that has the information that you need. If you go to the ‘Test trigger’ section of the trigger, you’ll see all records that the Zap found when you first tested the Zap. 

Take a look at the other records to see if they include all of the relevant fields. If not, make sure that there is a complete record in the table and then click the Load more button. That will cause the Zap to look again at the table to pull in more records. 

Let me know if that does the trick!

Everything is fine except The record id and it’s relevant field. Please guide how to fetch a table record and then it’s field. e.g. I want to access interview tables records by id and its field email and send the interview invite on that specific email address based on the new record trigger on Airtable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nooray 

You should get all the fields in a table when you get a record from Airtable. Is the table that you’re using made up of other ‘lookup’ values - is the information that you need stored in a different table in the base?

If you’re still having trouble seeing the information, then the best thing to do is to contact the Support team as they will be able to dig into your Zap in more detail with you. You can contact them using the Get Help form