Best answer

I get different YouTube information when testing my Zap.

Userlevel 1
i still upload videos as usual with zapier, but today i tested again with strange results, including video information of other channels and not the information i entered
icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 May 2022, 15:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Hoang Tam, happy to help here! If you type actual words or map other data from your Google Drive step into your YouTube step and run test again, does the same thing happen? I wonder if we’re dismissing the fields you’re filling out because they only have a single letter in them. 

If that still doesn’t work, I would suggest skipping the test, turning the Zap on, uploading a brand new file to Google Drive, and then seeing if it comes across to YouTube.

And at that point, if you’re STILL not having luck, that is going to be the best time to reach out to our support team so they can dig into some logs and figure out where things are going amiss! 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Hoang Tam, happy to help here! If you type actual words or map other data from your Google Drive step into your YouTube step and run test again, does the same thing happen? I wonder if we’re dismissing the fields you’re filling out because they only have a single letter in them. 

If that still doesn’t work, I would suggest skipping the test, turning the Zap on, uploading a brand new file to Google Drive, and then seeing if it comes across to YouTube.

And at that point, if you’re STILL not having luck, that is going to be the best time to reach out to our support team so they can dig into some logs and figure out where things are going amiss! 

I use a lot of different files, long title,.. but its not help me. I contact with support team for 2 days but no reply to me. Just a bot to confirm my message is delivered

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Hoang Tam Thanks for letting me know! I see your email in our system and that someone replied to you today so be sure to check your inbox/spam filters for that message. Following up there will be the best way to get this resolved. 

Keep us posted once things get fixed so we know what was causing the issue!

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem...I talked to support and they tell me to change the title and description...what's the problem? I email the video exactly with the problem....zapier does not send video to youtube...what is so hard to understand? Please solve this problem, the easiest way is to make a youtube channel and then upload a video to google drive and make a zap...set up that zap and press test....o to see that in YOUTUBE account the video does not upload.

and I have to wait 24 hours for a reply to my email? Really? In the fast century I still have to wait?

Userlevel 1

I confirm that I have the same problem, I changed the title and description and the same information appears to me, the video is not sent to youtube. I hope this problem will be solved quickly

Userlevel 1

I confirm that I have the same problem, I changed the title and description and the same information appears to me, the video is not sent to youtube. I hope this problem will be solved quickly

I too hope it will be solved quickly...but for zapier who knows what quick means....it's been going on for 3 days already

Userlevel 1

Same problem 

I confirm having the same problem, and I spoke to other people too, this is not because files, titles or other stuff, it just not working anymore. Can we get an update? is Zapier team working to fix this issue? it’s been already a few days and we have no feedback yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone! I’m sorry for the difficulty with the YouTube integration. It can be tricky for us to diagnose things in the Community as we don’t have the same access to users accounts that our Support Team do, so it would be super helpful if you’re able to provide us with some extra information. 

Is the issue that your Zap doesn’t publish a video to YouTube when you are testing the YouTube action? Or is it that when the Zap is set up and turned on that it’s not sending the video when the Zap is triggered? If it’s the second, are you seeing any error messages in your Zap history?

I’m experiencing this issue too and submitted a ticket.  The video isn’t uploading and Zapier appears to be substituting sample data for my actual video file.  I receive the same output as the OP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

If you are seeing sample data instead of the information you expect (ie your video) in the Post video step, that’s now what you should expect to see. Zapier will use sample data to test the step and real data when you turn the Zap on. If you have turned on your Zap and are still seeing an error, then something is causing it.

I know that it’s frustrating not being able to properly test a step in your Zap, and it’s confusing to see sample data in an action where you would usually see the data you entered when setting up the step. Zapier took the step of adding sample data when testing the YouTube post video step because some users were abusing the test to upload many videos without turning on their Zap. The effect of this was that Zapier would hit a limit set by YouTube on the amount of videos that could be sent in a specific time period, meaning that other users’ Zaps would run into errors and stop working. Having sample data in the test part of the step prevents this kind of abuse and means that everyone’s Zaps can keep running smoothly. 

If you are seeing a different type of error or running into a different problem with YouTube, you can either post a new question in the Community or send a message to the Zapier Support team using the Get Help form. Thanks!