I am sure this is a simple issue

• 15 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have an email message that will have the same info being sent ie:

Date : 15-10-2020

Dewll Start Time: 11:35

Dwell End Time: 06:45

There are about 15 entries like that.  I want that info to go into a google spreadsheet in one row.  I linked the spreadsheet to the ZAP When I test the ZAP it says that it added a row, but nothing is there in the sheet.  In creating the ZAP it picks up the column headers in the sheet and offers the ability to type or select.  If I select I get all sorts of info about the email but nothing about the content of the email.  Is that where I am supposed to get the info?  If so how do I link it?

Thanks for any suggestions

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

If you’re trying to parse data points from the email, then look into Parser by Zapier: https://parser.zapier.com/

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy!  I got as far as setting up an email account, and started to setup the parsing template.  When I parse an email I get about half way through the list of items and then several are lumped together.  I’ll see if I can include a screenshot of the error.  I checked the email for erroneous CR or LF but all is the same a CR/LF at the end of each line.  Any ideas what is going wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Ed Lentz 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?