Best answer

I am new to zapier-need help in triggering a zap and sending an email back with the information retrieved

• 12 July 2020
  • 5 replies

I want to trigger a zap on receiving an incoming email , for that particular email address i want to extract the the domain of the company and get the company information by calling an API(using URL and authentication ) and then reply back to the sender with the information retrieved by the API in mail body 

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 12 July 2020, 19:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @pavaninaik12 

There are two parts to this:

You can trigger a zap on an incoming email to Gmail/Outlook/SMTP or even Zapier’s built-in email feature. You can then use “Split Text” formatting steps to extract the domain from the sender address (which will be included in the trigger data).

As for sending it to the API - that depends. What app/service is it? You may be able to use a “Webhook → POST” action step to do that bit.

Whenever I get an email let’s say from xyz@amazon.com I need to extract the domain of the company - say amazon.com and then with a url which has authentication I need to get the information about the email address by calling the API and send a reply back to the mail providing the company information that we retrieved from the API IN THE MAIL BODY. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@pavaninaik12  What type of authentication does the API use?

Authentication as in with a user name and password 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@pavaninaik12 Ok then - you can use a “Webhook → POST” action step to do that bit.