Skip to main content
Question

Hubspot to Google Sheets - How to insert data into an existing row that has formulas

• 31 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’ve made a Loom video to provide further clarification on what we’re trying to accomplish.

In short, I have the trigger and everything from the Hubspot side all set up, but I just need to insert the data in Columns A-F into an existing row (Row 34 in my example, then the next Zap trigger it’ll need to go to Row 35, then 36, etc) because Columns G through Z have formulas that I’d like to leave untouched.

Unfortunately on my first attempt, the Zap created a new row and would then require me to pull down the formulas on about 25 columns. I would love for it to know to look for the next blank cell/row in Column A, input the 6 cells of data, and then use the next one for the following Zap trigger.

Thanks!

Justin

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Justin-at-Singenuity 

For the Zap action GSheet Update Row, you need to provide a Row/ID (#) for the Row to update.

If you just want the Zap to update the next row, then you can use Storage.

Set a Key value for the next Row to update, then increment by +1 each time the Zap Runs.

Use the Zap action: Storage Get Value

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, I’m still a bit confused on getting it set up. Do you mind providing a step-by-step guide on how to set up the scenario?

At the moment, here’s what we have so you can inform me where the “Get Value” and “Increment Value” would go in the hierarchy.

The goal is for the Zap to just update the next available row and increment by +1 each time it runs.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Justin-at-Singenuity

The Storage Get Value step can go before the GSheet step.

The Storage Increment Value can go after the GSheet step.

When in doubt, test it out.