Best answer

HubSpot form submission - upload file to Google Drive

I want the file uploaded in the HubSpot form to be stored in Google drive.Is that possible with Zapier?
icon

Best answer by MarinaH 9 July 2021, 01:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Hirotaka!

Thanks for the question - you should be able to build a Zap like this:

1. Trigger: HubSpot - Form Submission
  1. Action: HubSpot - Get Public URL (map the url of the file from the form submission, as that requires authentication)  
  1. Action: GDrive - Upload File (map the public URL from step 2)

Hope that helps! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @MarinaH , 

I am trying to do this and I keep receiving the error “Only absolute URLs are supported”. 
I am inputting the field from the form that asks to upload a file. 
The steps I’ve done so far are:
1. Hubspot - New form submission
2. Put the form into a google slide
3. Create a folder in Google Drive
4. Moved the Google slide into that folder
5. Get public URL from the Hubspot form submission using the value from the form that requires a file upload
6. This is where I want to upload the file from step 5 to the folder created in step 3. But I keep receiving that error.

Please advise,

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MEdge

Please post screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone  Please see attached screenshots.

Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MEdge

What Zap step is returning the error?

The mapped data point for File URL looks to be sample data and not an actual File URL as indicated by the field description (smaller gray font).

Observation: The Public URL from HubSpot (in this example) shows a .txt file, is that right?

NOTE: You can check if the Public URL returned from HubSpot is accessible, by copy/pasting the URL into a browser tab.

Check out this help article for working with Files in Zap steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone  I am getting the error on step 5, I can’t get the public url.

Please see attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MEdge 

Error is because a file URL is not being mapped/sent for the File URL field, as you can see in the data attempting to be sent when tested.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone The field that I am using is from a form on hubspot that requires a file to be uploaded. I’m not sure how to put an actual file in there until I can turn the zap on and test it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MEdge

Can you post a screenshot of the data points returned from the trigger step in the Zap? (HubSpot New Form Submission)

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Please see attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MEdge 

From the screenshots, the test record from the trigger step is placeholder sample data, which is not representative of the actual values that would come thru when the form is actually submitted.

Have you submitted an actual form? (If not, go ahead and do that.)

Then you can pull thru newer test samples from the trigger step by following this article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Got it! Thank you! I had to turn tbe zap on to pull the information! Thanks so much!