Question

hubspot form submission triggers send a mail from google - paths depended on date format

Hi everyone

Need to help to understand building the path for my zap. 
We have leads filling the form and we want to automate gmail sending messages depending what is in the form. We offer diffrent types of services depending on the date.
What I made so far is:

→ Form submision as trigger
→ choose a service path → send a mail depending on date filled out in the form (date before and date after) 

How can I format the hubspot date to understand and set up diffrent points to it? 

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Adam Michalak 

Perhaps you can outline a specific example for us to better clarify what you mean by the paths and date formats, thanks.

Help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/schedule-zaps-to-run-at-specific-intervals

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for answer. 

Basically I want to build a complex zap that will choose the pathway depending on the Hubspot for summbission answers. 

Then at the last step zap will send the mail depending on choosen day of service in Hubspot form.
Problem is that I cannot understand the format of the date to create diffrent paths. 

Example would be:
Form submission → (type of service path) → (date of service) → Send email

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Adam Michalak 

Can you clarify where you are trying to use the date format? (screenshots are helpful)

If in the a Zap Filter step:

@Troy Tessalone please see above,

Hubspot format in the app is DD/MM/YYYY 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Adam Michalak 

That is a UNIX timestamp format.

Try using a Formatter > Date / Time > Format step to convert the UNIX timestamp to the desired timestamp format: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/modify-date-and-time-formats-in-zaps

@Troy Tessalone thank you for your tips, I tried few times and at begining format was coming out wrong but now its okay. 

Have another problem at last step… 

Path would continue because of sample data? Why it’s not reading my output?
Does the formatting has be in the same level of the path?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Adam Michalak 

Output from the Formatter step looks to be in this format: DD/MM/YYYY

But needs to be in this format: MM/DD/YYYY

Post screenshots with how your Formatter step is configured.

@Troy Tessalone thank you , its seem that the format DD/MM/YYYY doesn’t work.

changed it to MM/DD/YYYY and it works :v:

Last question:
If i want to have lets say two time periods that
 → one last till 06/12/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) 
→ second one starts on 06/13/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY)

Then I should choose for the first one DATE Before 06/13/2022 and for the second one DATE After 06/12/2022 ? 

again problem...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Adam Michalak 

Try this...

1 Zap or 1 Path in a Zap

→ one last till 06/12/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) 

Date is BEFORE 06/13/2022

1 Zap or 1 Path in a Zap
→ second one starts on 06/13/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY)

Date is AFTER 06/12/2022