Best answer

HubSpot "Find Contact in HubSpot" primary and secondary search property names

• 26 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I'm using a "Find Contact in HubSpot" integration between Zapier and Hubspot in conjunction with our Gmail app. I'm using the "First Search Property Name" in the Find Contact as "Contact Information: Email."

The issue is, with merged accounts, Zapier either won't search past the primary email indicated in Contact Information: Email or HubSpot doesn't format this contact property in a way where Zapier can search secondary emails.

I've added in for a "Second Search Property Name" - "Contact Information: Additional email addresses" but it treats the Second Search Property Name as an “AND” operator - and thus if one of them fails, then the Zap fails.

What I want to search for is both “Contact Information: Email / Contact Information: Additional email addresses” for one email address and have it pull that contact card.

Any help?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 5 January 2021, 16:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try Paths: https://zapier.com/apps/paths/integrations

Each path would search HubSpot Contacts by a different Property.

OR try separate Zaps that each search for different HubSpot Properties when finding the Contact.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @devinesme ,

Checking back in on this to make sure you’re squared away! I see that Nikki in Support provided the below configuration steps, leveraging Paths as Troy mentioned. Sharing these in an effort to assist other members who may have a similar question:

This set up could look like: 

1. New Lead
2. Lookup Table
3. Find or Contact HubSpot
Path A: If Contact Already Existed (the field from Step 3, Zap Data Was Found = True)

• 1. Spreadsheet Style Formula to concatenate the value from the lookup table with the course value that already exists from the courses in HubSpot
  • 2. HubSpot Update Contact (with the concatenated value from prior step)

Path B: If Contact Did Not Already Exist (the field from Step 3, Zap Data Was Found = False)

• HubSpot Create Contact