Best answer

HubSpot deal triggers no longer include contact ids...

Userlevel 3
Badge

The newest HubSpot app (I think it’s 1.5.0) does not include the associated contact ids for triggers that relate to a deal update.
On the legacy version (which I still have access to) this exists and we used this to manipulate a contact in other areas of our business.
Does anyone from HubSpot know if this is something that will be added to the new app in the near future? Or should I build out my systems by adding a value onto deals labelled, “contact email” and do things that way?

icon

Best answer by JakeatGrantMe 4 June 2020, 18:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I may also be very wrong about this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JakeatGrantMe - I've gone ahead and submitted this as a feature request to the team in charge of this integration on your behalf.

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!

Userlevel 3

Am I reading this right?

You want to associate a deal with the respective contact? Sounds like a novel idea...

In fact, it sounds a lot like like the functionality that was available yesterday… Oh, wait, yeah, it was.

Why are we paying for a service that has seen this foundational functionality removed and flagged as a ‘feature request’ with the following from @JakeatGrantMe 

“While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!”

This essential component of the CRM functionality needs to be brought back online.

Is anyone else baffled by the logic behind this?

Userlevel 3

Ok… So after hours of testing different things I’ve found out what worked…

then in the customize options I chose:

Note: Use the Contact and Deal ID from your HubSpot URLs. As shown above:

• The “Vid” is the Deal
  • The “ID” is the Contact

Hey, I can’t seem to make this happen… I don’t have a VID or an ID? How do I create this? So far my setup off our booking form is as shown in the picture attached..

Best,

Sam

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Am I reading this right?

You want to associate a deal with the respective contact? Sounds like a novel idea...

In fact, it sounds a lot like like the functionality that was available yesterday… Oh, wait, yeah, it was.

Why are we paying for a service that has seen this foundational functionality removed and flagged as a ‘feature request’ with the following from @JakeatGrantMe 

“While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!”

This essential component of the CRM functionality needs to be brought back online.

Is anyone else baffled by the logic behind this?

Hello, @detoxandcure! We hear your concerns. The request was on behalf of JakeatGrantMe so bring back the functionality that was present in the legacy version. We work with HubSpot to surface feedback from our users, and while we do not hope that this will be prolonged, we do not have a specific ETA when this may be fixed. Thank you for allowing us address this with HubSpot and we hope to offer an update soon!

Userlevel 3
Badge

My original request to have the associated vids of a deal when new deal data was found in a trigger step appears to have been added for the “New Deal in Stage” trigger:

“Associated vids” doesn’t exist for the deal data that is output for the “New Deal Property Change” trigger as far as I can tell. It would be cool to have it output for this trigger because otherwise I go from doing this do this:

To doing this:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey, I can’t seem to make this happen… I don’t have a VID or an ID? How do I create this? So far my setup off our booking form is as shown in the picture attached..

Best,

Sam

@SamS At the “Create Contact in HubSpot” and “Create Deal in Hubspots” an ID should be outputted.

For example I just tested with “Create/Update Contact” and it outputs a “vid” which I would then use for Associations:

Hi

Do you know how to get contact email (in string) which is associated to my Deal in hubspot?

Regrads

Adam

Userlevel 3
Badge

@As_Inq Zapier has a “Formatter” action step which would do the trick for that. It works for me if I do something like:

And you get this output:

Select “Formatter” as your action step → “Text” → “Extract Email Address” Transform