Best answer

How would i download a YouTube Video & Upload it to Google Drive?

• 27 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

How Do I automatically download a specific YouTube video and upload it to google drive?

Im trying to set up an agency workflow so that a YouTube video link is entered into a form, that YouTube video is then downloaded and uploaded to my team’s Shared Google Drive into a specific folder, I just have no idea how to get the video downloaded

icon

Best answer by jesse 29 August 2022, 20:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Marshall 

Good question.

The YouTube Zap app doesn’t provide video download links so you’ll have to find some other app that may be able to download videos for a provided URL that work with Zaps.

FYI: Files larger than 100 MB may result in a time out error from the Zap.

Userlevel 1

I know haha thats my struggle, I cant find any apps that are on Zapier that would allow me to do this. I guess the next best thing is to spend hours learning about APIs and design one myself

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Marshall! Troy is correct here in that there currently isn’t a way to to this as the download link isn’t included - sorry about that!

The YouTube Zap app doesn’t provide video download links so you’ll have to find some other app that may be able to download videos for a provided URL that work with Zaps.

FYI: Files larger than 100 MB may result in a time out error from the Zap.

We have a feature request open for this, which I’ve added you to so you’ll be notified should it become available. If we have any updates in the meantime, we’ll be sure to share them on the main thread we have for this request, here: 

Cheers!