Best answer

How to .zip (archive) GMail attachments to Google Drive?

• 4 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have set up a GMail trigger to download attachments to Google Drive, if an email matches a GMail filter criteria.

When running the Zap on arriving emails, it will download each file as a separate attachment to the assigned folder.

Is it possible to create a .zip archive of all the attachments in the email, and download that archive to GDrive instead?

NB: Because I could not yet find a way to create a .zip archive, I alternatively tried to add a Step for GDrive to “Find a Folder” with the GMail email Subject + Date, and the “Create folder if it doesn’t exist yet” option enabled. Then I save the attachments to that folder (whereby I can set up a local folder action on my computer to zip the attachments instead). These forum posts roughly cover what I did:

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 4 August 2022, 16:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @VJK 

Good question.

I have multiple files on my email but the Zap is giving me a Zip file combining all the files.

If you're using one of the new email-type Gmail triggers and find that all of the attachments on those e-mails are being zipped use the Gmail "New Attachment" trigger instead.
This trigger runs once for every attachment on an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@VJK 

Yes, to zip the attachments use the trigger New Email Matching Search (Gmail Trigger)

your search would be something like “has:attachment in:inbox“.

That trigger will just trigger once for an email in your inbox with an attachment. If there are multiple attachments, they will be zipped when uploaded to Drive.