Question

How to Zap Data from Jotform. Submission to New Google Doc

• 13 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi -

I run a business that has customers submit a food order form built in Jotform. Each time that form is submitted, I’d like to create an automated workflow to move the data to a Google doc template that serves as an order form — there are fields that would be pouplated by the data transfer from Jotform, and also some open fields that my staff need to manually populate before saving/printing the form.

To achieve this, I’d like to the data from the Jotform to placeholders on a copied Google Doc order template doc. I have learned how to create a copy of the template each time the form is submitted, but I cannot understand how to move the data from the form into placeholders on the new Google document.

1. Trigger / Event: Form submission
2. Action: Copy google doc
3. This is where I get lost.

How do I set up shop from here - is it possible? - so that data from the form submission that triggers this workflow is then put into specific places on the newly copied/created Google doc?

Thank you for any insight!
Craig

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Craig P 

Help article: https://zapier.com/blog/create-autopopulate-google-docs-template/

Thank you for this. I’m on my way but I don’t see where I can map the fields?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Craig P 

Did you follow the article instructions and requirements?

IMPORTANT: In order to create a fillable template in Google Docs, any text that you want to replace with information from another app needs to be formatted like this:

{{FieldName}}

Make sure you have the double braces on both sides and that there are no spaces between words. Here's what our offer letter template looks like with that formatting in mind.

A Google Doc with brackets around certain words and phrases.