Best answer

How to you add information into different columns when creating a new row in Google Sheets?

• 17 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I am trying to create a step in my zap that will Create Spreadsheet (Google Sheets) with new headers in the columns. I added all my selections from a previous sheet in the zap. The problem is that it keeps creating the sheet with all the headers in the same cell. I cannot find any documentation on this Action or I would not have come here. 

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 September 2021, 12:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

HI @KCEO ,

Can you elaborate your question a bit more with screenshots for example?

• How does the spreadsheet look like now when the automation runs? 
  • How should the spreadsheet look?
  • How did you configure the zap flow?

This will help.

~Bjorn from Wemakefuture

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here for anyone that’s also running into this issue, to add that this behaviour happens when the different header names are put into a single field in the Zap.

When manually setting the names for each header column they should be put into separate fields - as per column3 and column4 in the example below:
6a2578c84fa8b157957a0f52f8840fcb.png

If the header names are all added into a single field like column1,column2, they will be added to a single header cell in the spreadsheet that is created: 

ec5825c5824033a9cea311b6b23a15b1.png