Best answer

How to use Zapier to sent auto delayed email after sending out a specific email

• 8 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

The function I need from Zapier is the following:​​​​​​​ when I send out a specific email to a client (the email contain some content keywords, such as “report”, “analysis”), Zapier need to trigger an action, this action will help to send out a predefined survey email to this client, 3 days after the first email.

The mailing app used is the MS Outlook. The email is quite a general template of notification with a slight customization in content.

I know that “Delay by Zapier” has this function, but it cannot be triggered by “send an email”, only “receive an email”.

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 January 2024, 15:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AVP 

If you're open to switching apps, Gmail can easily support this trigger: Gmail - New Email Matching Search

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AVP 

Consider trying to setup an Outlook Rule to be used as the trigger: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-up-rules-in-outlook-75ab719a-2ce8-49a7-a214-6d62b67cbd41

Hi @AVP 

If you're open to switching apps, Gmail can easily support this trigger: Gmail - New Email Matching Search

Thanks! But we’ll stick with MS Outlook for a while I think. 

@AVP

Consider trying to setup an Outlook Rule to be used as the trigger: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-up-rules-in-outlook-75ab719a-2ce8-49a7-a214-6d62b67cbd41

Could you be more specific on how to combine the Outlook Rule to Zapier? I’m using Outlook Rule everyday but still need more insights on it.

Appreciate that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AVP 

For Outlook, those are Inbox Rules, so you may not be able to use that to trigger the Zap since you are trying to act on send emails, sorry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just popping in here as spotted that there’s an existing feature request for the ability to trigger on sent emails in Microsoft Outlook. I’ve added @AVP’s vote for that feature request. We don’t have an ETA on when it will be implemented but we’ll be sure to notify you by email as soon as it is. 

For anyone else that’s interested in triggering Zaps for sent emails in Microsoft Outlook, please reach out to our Support Team via the Get Help form. They’ll be happy to add your vote for that feature request as well. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! 

Just circling back in here to confirm that a New Message in Folder trigger has been added to the Microsoft Outlook app which will allow you to trigger on emails added to a specific folder, such as the Sent folder. This should allow your Zaps to trigger when a new email is sent. 😁🎉

ed75bbf97426aac6e435581dd4aa9b42.png

If you run into any issues using that trigger please do let us know in the Community. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡