Question

How to use the Create Page Photo

• 31 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Can someone show me the proper format and setup of the “Create Page Photo” to a Facebook Page. I am trying to set this up but I’ve had no luck in getting it to work.

1. How do you set a filter on the Trigger so that if it is false, it does not count towards my monthly limit?
  2. I am using split text to split a text array so I can use only the first item in the next step but I am unable to get only the first item in the next step. It is placing the entire array.
  3. How do I format a URL link in the Create Page Photo post?

Thank you in advance

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Booomerang Team 

Good question.

Help for Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to have more context.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply @Troy Tessalone Here is a screenshot of my Zap steps. Let me know if you’d like to see a specific step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Booomerang Team, welcome to the Community! 👋

Hope you don’t mind me hopping in to lend a hand here. If the Formatter (Text > Split Text) action is receiving a array of text items (as line items) then that’s potentially why it’s then outputting the first item from each item in the array and not the first item only - as it will process each line item separately.

In which case, you may need to add an additional Formatter action to first convert the array into text using a Formatter (Utilities > Line-item to text) action. See our Convert line items into text strings guide for more details. Then pass the text that it outputs into the second Formatter (Split Text) action. That should then allow you to have it output only one item.

If that’s not the case, can you share a screenshot of the set up of that Formatter (Text > Split Text) action so we can take a closer look to see if we can spot what might be causing the issue here.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 1

Thanks @SamB that did the trick for the first part of my question :) I was using the wrong Formatter. The Utilities > Line-item to text worked great, I didn’t need any other steps to get the output I wanted. I would have never thought to use that one if you hadn’t mentioned it.

The second part of my question is: How do I format a URL link in the Description part of the Create Page Photo step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Booomerang Team

Perhaps work backwards.

Can you provide an example of the link was used and worked?

You probably need to encode the keywords on the URL.

Action: Formatter > Text > Encode URL

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone I got the Zap to work as expected!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! That’s awesome news, @Booomerang Team. So pleased you were able to get the Zap up and running here! 🙌  

Sounds like you’re all set for now but please do reach out to the Community in future if we can assist with anything else! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Thanks Sam! Here is my final Zap

When this runs once, it uses 8 tasks. @Troy Tessalone and @SamB do you know if there are any changes or optimizations I can make so that it uses less tasks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Booomerang Team 

1 Code step could be used to replace these 2 Formatter steps.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone, that worked!