Skip to main content
Best answer

How to use multiple attributes from the source data (Google Calendar) when creating a folder in Dropbox

• 15 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I synced one of the apps not supported by Zapier to Google Calendar, then I hope to create a folder in Dropbox when a new event is created. 

Now I know how to convert the date to MMDD from "Event Begins" with the help of Formatter by Zapier.

How can I add more text in the folder name?

My target folder name is “Client/MMDD_EventName”

The source for the text “Client” is in the Description of the event, which would be:

Client: xxx

Service: yyy

Quantity: zzz

Hope this is doable. Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mialiou 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes it is doable.

Create a formatter block for each item in the description you want to use. Use the match pattern using the regex below, which will take and take everything after the “words:” until the first new line character 

Client:\s*(.*?)\s*(?=\r?\n)

Event:\s*(.*?)\s*(?=\r?\n)

The two formatter blocks will then give you variables you can use to create a new folder in the dropbox block

using /Client/MMDD_Event will give you a client folder with the event folder inside.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

Yes it is doable.

Create a formatter block for each item in the description you want to use. Use the match pattern using the regex below, which will take and take everything after the “words:” until the first new line character 

Client:\s*(.*?)\s*(?=\r?\n)

Event:\s*(.*?)\s*(?=\r?\n)

The two formatter blocks will then give you variables you can use to create a new folder in the dropbox block

using /Client/MMDD_Event will give you a client folder with the event folder inside.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Badger 
It works!!! Thank you so much for your help.
It saves me a lot of time. You’re the best!😘