Question

How to Use HubSpot Forms to Microsoft OneDrive

• 13 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to go from Typeform integration with Google Drive to HubSpot Forms and MS OneDrive. We have companies that apply for funding at our website currently at https://www.veteranventures.us/fundapplication which generates a folder in Google Drive and loads all the responses (including attachments) in a generated folder upon submission -- all of this is done via Typeform integrated with Google Drive through Zapier. 

Our firm has migrated away from Google and into Microsoft, and we've been using HubSpot for years. SO what I'd like to do is use HubSpot Forms to generate the same questions (see sample at www.veteranventures.com/test-application-form), this would in turn 1) create a folder with OneDrive, 2) generate a word doc with the form responses and put it in the folder, and 3) automatically save attachments from the form into the newly-created folder. I'm pretty sure these events would have to be done via Zapier, but I'm looking to if its possible -- can someone help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @kilo94 

There is no direct way of collecting hubspot form response via Zapier, you can look into if hubspot provides webhooks for forms that way you can easily connect via Webhook by Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @robschmidt & hi there @kilo94 👋🏽

Tagging on to the above, I found this thread in the HubSpot community regarding forms/webhooks. Hoping it is helpful here!

Let us know how you get on @kilo94 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @kilo94! I wanted to pop back into this thread. I noticed you are wanting to take these actions after a form is submitted in HubSpot, which you should be able to do most of. Your Zap would look something like this:

1. Trigger: (HubSpot) New Form Submission
  2. Action: (OneDrive) Create Folder
  3. Action: (OneDrive) Create New Text File
    1. Use the Folder ID from Step 2 as a “Custom ID” to tell the Zap to put the newly created file in the newly created folder.

Your last step (OneDrive) Upload File, is the one I’m unsure of. I think the file URL (from the form attachment) is included in the data we get from HubSpot but I’m not sure if they are protected by HubSpot, meaning you need to be logged into your HubSpot account to open/view. If that’s the case, OneDrive cannot access the file to upload it. Files must be publicly accessible for that to work and I’m not familiar enough with HubSpot to know if they allow files to come across that way from form submissions. 

Keeping my fingers crossed you were able to piece at least some parts of this workflow together! 🤞